Colouring the Prosthetics

After a mix both successful and unsuccessful foam runs I eventually managed to make 3 prosthetics in good enough condition to use, 2 for the photo shoots and 1 for the exhibition. I started to experiment with colouring on the unsuccessful foam prosthetics and originally tried giving the faun a green hue to the skin, however I wasn’t overly keen on this so changed this to a darker brown and eventually a slightly red toned brown. I used alcohol based ink applied with an airbrush for the majority of the colouring and once all of the main colouring was finished I applied a final layer of colour and detail of alcohol based skin illustrator pallets flicked on for depth and a more sporadic appearance.

  

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: